The Perfect Fall Nightcap: Whiskey Apple Cider (Includes Recipe)
We’re finishing off our Fall Food and Spirits Pairing series with Whiskey Apple Cider – no food to pair with this one though.
This drink will round off your cozy autumn night. Enjoy and sleep well!
Nightcap: Whiskey Apple Cider
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider (warm)
- 1/2 cup bourbon or your favorite whiskey
- 1 apple
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 stars of anise
- Warm the cider in a pan until hot (not bubbling) with the cinnamon and anise
- Add the whiskey and stir it in. Keep stirring for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and serve in a thick glass or mug, making sure each person has a cinnamon stick
In case you missed the rest of our series, be sure to check out our full Fall menu: