Surprise Your Guests with this Fall Dinner and Gin PairingWe continue our Fall Food and Spirits Pairing series with the main course – Cider Pork Chops and Gin
The autumn harvest is rich and filling, so complement your dish with a light, bubbly and refreshing G&T.
Main Course: Cider pork chops with Gin (and tonic)
Cider pork chops with caramelized white kidney beans, apples, onions and mashed potatoes. Perfect to warm your heart on a blustery day.
- 2 pork chops
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 2 medium apples
- ½ can of white kidney beans
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 large cloves of garlic (or 4 small), crushed
- 1 cup apple cider
- Balsamic vinegar
- Chop the potatoes into small cubes and place them in a pot with a tsp of salt. Cover with water. Bring the water to boil.
- Chop apples into cubes; bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Chop your onion into ribbons and fry for a few minutes on a medium-high heat. Then, throw in 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- Add the apples to the onions, and fry for a few minutes. Then, add the beans to the apples and onions and another 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- Slice the lemon, and then quarter the slices. Add the lemon pieces (save eight of these) to the pan, with rest of the sugar and a dash of balsamic vinegar.
- Stir the mixture over heat. Turn off the heat once the sugar has all disappeared.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a frying pan. Put the pork chop in with the garlic and the leftover lemon pieces, keeping the pan on a high heat. After 2-3 minutes, flip the pork chop over. After another 2-3 minutes, pour in the cider and cover the pan with a lid.
- Drain the potatoes once they are very soft, and mash them with a butter. Take the garlic from the pork chops pan, and mash it into the potatoes with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Serve the gin with ice and tonic. Use lemon to garnish and a slice of apple or some mint.
In case you missed the rest of our series, be sure to check out our full Fall menu:
Looking for a Curated Alcohol Subscription Box?
Taster’s Club is the Premiere online shop for anyone looking for a curated Liquor of the Month Club or a one-off bottle purchase from our Bottle Shop.Join the Club